Sometimes it is important to remember that wealthy nations need Jesus too. Adam Moody tells about his work in Sweden, which is financially rich, but spiritually poor. There are even priests in Sweden who don’t actually believe in God. After working in university ministry, Adam and his family are planning on returning to Sweden to plant churches.
During the show, Adam talks about a really unique idea for raising support for ministries that are underfunded. Here’s a hint: If you like food or other cultures, you won’t want to miss this episode.
What We Talked About
- [00:23] – Episode summary
- [01:25] – Introduction
- [01:53] – The spiritual reality of Europe
- [03:37] – The importance of ministry in all nations
- [06:15] – How do you keep Christ at the center?
- [07:12] – Challenging the tendency towards complacency
- [10:35] – What pointed you to the lost?
- [14:29] – The positive impact of evangelism
- [17:43] – Financially lean times in ministry
- [20:07] – What will church planting look like for you?
- [23:52] – Effective plans for developing leaders
- [27:03] – What’s going on in Swedish churches?
- [32:19] – A new idea for fundraising
- [38:27] – Benefits of the new funding model
- [42:17] – Preserving the dignity of Swedish people
- [44:05] – Internet and book resources
- [46:29] – How can we best pray for you?
- [48:30] – Closing thoughts
Become a patron!The Engaging Missions Show is made possible, in part, by generous donations from listeners like you. If you'd like to know more about how you can be involved, visit our Patron Page.
Resources & Contact Info
- Free trial to the Scandinavian Culture Club
- Serving as Senders by Neal Pirolo
- Website: themoodysinsweden.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: @AMoody777
- Twitter: @WMoody1471
- Skype: WMoody1471
- Phone: +1 678-779-1141
FeedbackIf you'd have any comments or questions, you can always leave a comment in the show notes, leave a voicemail with SpeakPipe, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”