It’s important to remember that the marketplace is a place of ministry. Caleb Townsend comes and talks about his experience of ministering through his business. He also shares about his journey with Jesus and how others have discipled him.
Caleb mentions the importance of discipleship and investing in people as a part of ministry. Even though people can be messy, Caleb reminds us to be patient and to love them where they’re at. From your neighbor to your co-worker, you can show the love of God and be intentional every day.
- Full Show Notes: https://engagingmissions.com/242
- Listener Survey: https://engagingmissions.com/2018Survey
- Support the Show: https://engagingmissions.com/patron
What We Talked About
- 00:23 – Episode summary
- 02:54 – Introduction
- 03:08 – The importance of a mentor
- 05:59 – Moments of honesty leading to growth
- 07:53 – Reflecting on turning points
- 10:05 – How God brings different passions together
- 11:29 – Following God into the marketplace
- 13:20 – Professional versus everyday discipleship
- 14:28 – What does discipleship look like?
- 16:48 – How do you choose who to invest in?
- 18:16 – Ways to shift the conversation in relationships
- 20:23 – Dealing with the “red lights” in ministry
- 22:50 – Facing the heartbreaking relationships
- 29:50 – Sharing the Gospel in the workplace
- 32:21 – Green, yellow, and red lights
- 33:14 – Where to start
- 35:27 – How can we best pray for you?
- 38:01 – Closing remarks