Local churches play a key role in leading people to Jesus. David Kim joins the podcast to remind us of that important job. He has been equipping believers in his church to evangelize in the community. In the Bay area, where David lives, there is a great harvest that churches can minister to.
Going deeper in discipleship can be a difficult process, but David shows why benefits outweigh costs. By surrendering to the Holy Spirit, he has seen his community change through sharing the Gospel. David has been able to partner with God in ministering to those around him and in encouraging the Church to fulfill her call.
Full Show Notes: https://engagingmissions.com/244I think we’re all in full-time ministry...every follower of Jesus. - David Kim Click To Tweet
What We Talked About
- 00:24 – Episode summary
- 01:30 – Introduction
- 01:55 – The role of the local church
- 05:46 – The transformative effects of discipleship
- 07:16 – How has this stretched you as a leader?
- 09:56 – Leading a church through transition
- 13:15 – Finding a value for evangelism
- 14:36 – The spiritual reality in the US
- 15:48 – A vision for what ministry would look like
- 20:51 – The local church as a center for movement
- 24:20 – What is your prayer for the local church?
- 29:34 – Growing in camaraderie with God
- 33:58 – How can we best pray for you?
- 38:18 – Resources and feedback
Become a patron!The Engaging Missions Show is made possible, in part, by generous donations from listeners like you. If you'd like to know more about how you can be involved, visit our Patron Page. God has given us everything that we need to fulfill God’s assignment for our lives and for our churches. - David Kim Click To Tweet
Resources & Contact Info
- Kyle shared the article, CHURCH PLANTING LESSONS: HOW WE PLANTED 100 DISCOVERY GROUPS
- Justin shared this feedback
- Facebook: @engagingmissions
- Messenger: @engagingmissions
- Twitter: @engagingmission
- Leave a Voicemail
- Become a Patron
- Listen for Free
FeedbackIf you'd have any comments or questions, you can always leave a comment in the show notes, leave a voicemail with SpeakPipe, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”