As time goes on, the Church is re-learning how to engage with culture. This can be seen in churches across the United States. There are many who have no connection with the Church or have left it, and churches are searching for how to respond. Rohadi joins to talk about this issue. He is a church planter, entrepreneur, and writer. He works to change ideas about mission in American churches.
Rohadi shares about his experiences in church planting. Also, he discusses the importance of being open to failure in mission. Engaging with the community is crucial, and Rohadi reminds us all of that.
- Full Show Notes: http://engagingmissions.com/248
- Upcoming Topics: http://engagingmissions.com/2019Q1
- Rohadi's Book: https://amzn.to/2RMYGTW
- Questions about Missions Mobilization: firstname.lastname@example.org
What We Talked AboutThat’s the beauty of incarnation, is that the God of the universe would care to know my name. @rohadi Click To Tweet
- [00:23] – Episode summary
- [02:14] – Introduction
- [04:25] – Becoming the hands and feet of God
- [05:34] – Understanding the contemporary church
- [07:55] – Taking on the role of co-creating
- [10:09] – A change in perspective
- [13:48] – Learning how to engage community well
- [16:48] – Changing the paradigm
- [19:52] – What should we lay aside in this time?
- [24:42] – The power of disruption and incremental change
- [28:06] – How to allow for failure in mission
- [31:26] – Building relational equity
- [35:18] – How can we best pray for you?
- [38:01] – Closing thoughts
Become a patron!The Engaging Missions Show is made possible, in part, by generous donations from listeners like you. If you'd like to know more about how you can be involved, visit our Patron Page.
Resources & Contact Info
- Thrive. Ideas to lead the church in Post Christendom
- Website: https://rohadi.com
- Facebook: @rohadi.nagassar
- Twitter: @rohadi