Learning to love others long-term is a big part of missions and ministry. Sometimes that love can be easier said than done. In this week’s episode, Ann Hinrichs joins us again to talk about her new book, Just One, which is about her long friendship with a man in Belize. Through their friendship, Ann learned more about intercultural ministry and her friend came to know Jesus.
Ann also shares the importance of depending on God. Focusing on obedience is better than looking for results. Throughout the episode, she reminds us of God’s guidance and steadfast love. We look more like Him when we are willing to love another person for as long as the Lord leads.
Check out our sponsor:
Love Never Fails International
Pray today about whether you should be part of their upcoming missions trip to India and to make the Gospel known.
Full Show Notes: http://engagingmissions.com/258
Check out Our Sponsor: http://megavoice.com/engagingmissions
Ann's Book (affiliate): https://amzn.to/2Vjve5MThis moment of obedience leads me to the next moment of revelation. – Ann Hinrichs Click To Tweet
What We Talked About
- 00:23 – Episode summary
- 02:21 – Why did you write your book?
- 05:11 – Spending time in uncomfortable places
- 06:00 – From the inside-out struggle
- 08:03 – Creating a context for the story
- 11:19 – How has God worked perseverance in you?
- 12:42 – Choosing what to include in the book
- 16:10 – Letting go of cultural bents
- 17:39 – The impact of the first trip
- 21:33 – One piece in a great puzzle
- 23:11 – Remaining dependent on the Lord
- 26:03 – When the Lord redirects ideas
- 27:28 – How would you encourage others to move forward?
- 30:10 – Additional resources for short-term teams
- 31:22 – How can we best pray for you?
- 32:32 – Closing thoughts
Become a patron!The Engaging Missions Show is made possible, in part, by generous donations from listeners like you. If you'd like to know more about how you can be involved, visit our Patron Page.
Resources & Contact Info
- Just One: A True Story of Unlikely Friendship and Short-Term Missions
- Ann's Website with Discussion Tools and Resources
- Facebook: @engagingmissions
- Messenger: @engagingmissions
- Twitter: @engagingmission
- Leave a Voicemail
- Become a Patron
- Listen for Free