When looking at history, it seems like church movements have a cycle of rising and falling. Steve Addison joins the show to talk about his new book called The Rise and Fall of Movements and how God works in that cycle. He speaks on how believers who value the Great Commission can keep their eyes on Jesus, His word, Spirit, and mission.
As some ministries reach a place of decline, we can remember that God is always raising up new movements. He keeps working to draw us back to Him. The important thing is for us to seek God and walk in obedience to Him.
Check our our sponsor:
Megavoice – Creators of the Solar Powered Audio Bible
Making the Good News Accessible for All
Full Show Notes: http://engagingmissions.com/261
Buy on Amazon: https://amzn.to/2IudTCQ (affiliate)
What We Talked About
- [00:23] – Show updates
- [01:21] – Thanks to our sponsors: Megavoice
- [02:25] – Introduction
- [02:54] – Why this book and why now?
- [03:51] – Who is this book for?
- [04:42] – Ministries and movements
- [06:26] – An overview of the stages of movements
- [08:51] – What stage is the most concerning?
- [11:12] – Renewal is always uncomfortable
- [13:54] – How can we best prepare for submission?
- [16:42] – Encouraging reflections on movements
- [19:50] – Examples of word, Spirit, and mission
- [22:49] – Looking at the Church around the world
- [25:23] – How has the process changed you?
- [27:13] – Thoughts for those in ministry
- [28:22] – Where can people get the book?
- [28:50] – How can we best pray for you?
- [30:01] – Closing thoughts
Become a patron!The Engaging Missions Show is made possible, in part, by generous donations from listeners like you. If you'd like to know more about how you can be involved, visit our Patron Page.
Resources & Contact Info
- Facebook: @engagingmissions
- Messenger: @engagingmissions
- Twitter: @engagingmission
- Leave a Voicemail
- Become a Patron
- Listen for Free