For the past few months, MegaVoice has been supporting Engaging Missions. Now we get to hear from Darrel Templeton about his work with MegaVoice. Having worked with radio and mass communication, Darrel is passionate about making the Bible accessible to people through audio. By recording the Bible in different languages, MegaVoice can bring the Gospel to people all over the world.
Recently, MegaVoice has been working on a video Bible for the deaf community in different sign languages. They also have over 43 languages lined up to record soon. In the episode, Darrel shares about the need for hearing the Scriptures in order to understand them better.
Check out our sponsor:
Love Never Fails International
Pray today about whether you should be part of their upcoming missions trip to India and to make the Gospel known.
Full Show Notes: http://engagingmissions.com/265
What We Talked About
- 00:24 – Episode Intro
- 01:33 – Love Never Fails International
- 02:52 – Introducing Darrel Templeton
- 03:37 – Reaching the Deaf community
- 07:05 – How does the solar powered Bible work?
- 10:58 – A small team spreading the Scriptures
- 16:43 – How to partner in MegaVoice
- 18:20 – The domino effect of the Gospel
- 23:55 – How do Bibles get to where they’re going?
- 27:26 – Why an app doesn’t work as well
- 29:56 – Avoiding distractions and devices
- 31:47 – Access is the first step, then discipleship
- 32:21 – How can people partner with you?
- 37:16 – What MegaVoice Bibles do you recommend?
- 41:05 – Did Bryan get a MegaVoice Audio Bible?
This week, we also have a special guest, Bryan Thompson, returning to update us about Simply the Story and his life. Hear about what God has been doing over the last year through Bryan and his wife as they travel the world as nomads for Jesus.
- 42:03 – Introducing Bryan Thompson
- 42:21 – What’s been happening in the last year?
- 45:10 – Travelling together around the world
- 46:13 – New opportunities for ministry
- 47:41 – Moments of God’s provision
- 49:46 – The need for storytelling
- 51:47 – New projects and investments
- 54:12 – Best place to connect
- 54:29 – NotQuiteHomeless.us
- 55:19 – Episode Summary
Resources & Contact Info
- Bryan Thompson
Become a patron!The Engaging Missions Show is made possible, in part, by generous donations from listeners like you. If you'd like to know more about how you can be involved, visit our Patron Page.
- Facebook: @engagingmissions
- Messenger: @engagingmissions
- Twitter: @engagingmission
- Leave a Voicemail
- Become a Patron
- Listen for Free