One way we can be more like Jesus is by being faithful in the work we do. Adrianna Manaugh joins the show to talk about the importance of staying and building trust in missions work. Adrianna works with Partners Relief and Develoment, which brings missionaries and local ministries together around the world.
Growing up, Adrianna always loved hearing stories from missionaries, and now she gets to share her own. In this episode, hear about her journey into ministry and her desire to show people God’s love. Not only does Adrianna share the Gospel through words, but she also shares the Gospel through serving and partnering with communities across the nations.
Full Show Notes: http://engagingmissions.com/274
What We Talked About
- 00:23 – Episode introduction
- 01:18 – Welcoming Adrianna
- 01:40 – How were you called into missions?
- 02:25 – Preparation for cross-cultural ministry
- 03:15 – What drew you to development?
- 04:10 – Putting hands and feet to the Gospel
- 04:44 – Staying to serve
- 05:45 – Praying and persevering through problems
- 06:34 – What was the first organization you worked with?
- 07:38 – Bridging the gap between ministry and community
- 08:29 – An example of sustainability and teamwork
- 09:21 – What do you do in your work?
- 09:50 – The structure of Partners
- 10:30 – Different ministry roles
- 11:02 – How did trips to Haiti impact your work?
- 11:44 – Avoiding compassion fatigue
- 12:27 – Learning how to read the stories of hope
- 13:06 – A story of redemption through ministry
- 14:20 – How common is that kind of story?
- 15:07 – What is the biggest need?
- 15:50 – Challenges in missions work
- 16:29 – Steps to get involved
- 16:57 – Secrets of walking in faithfulness
- 17:26 – How can people be a part of Partners?
- 17:46 – Be involved before you go
- 18:42 – How can we best pray for you?
- 19:10 – Closing thoughts
- 19:43 – Updates and episode information
Resources & Contact Info
- Website: http://partners.ngo
- Email Adrianna: email@example.com
- Get Involved: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: @engagingmissions
- Messenger: @engagingmissions
- Twitter: @engagingmission
- Leave a Voicemail
- Become a Patron
- Listen for Free