Learning to love others long-term is a big part of missions and ministry. Sometimes that love can be easier said than done. In this week’s episode, Ann Hinrichs joins us again to talk about her new book, Just One, which is about her long friendship with a man in Belize. Through their friendship, Ann learned more about intercultural ministry and her friend came to know Jesus.
Ann also shares the importance of depending on God. Focusing on obedience is better than looking for results. Throughout the episode, she reminds us of God’s guidance and steadfast love. We look more like Him when we are willing to love another person for as long as the Lord leads.
Check out Our Sponsor: http://megavoice.com/engagingmissions
Ann's Book (affiliate): https://amzn.to/2Vjve5M
What We Talked About
- 00:23 - Episode summary
- 02:21 - Why did you write your book?
- 05:11 - Spending time in uncomfortable places
- 06:00 - From the inside-out struggle
- 08:03 - Creating a context for the story
- 11:19 - How has God worked perseverance in you?
- 12:42 - Choosing what to include in the book
- 16:10 - Letting go of cultural bents
- 17:39 - The impact of the first trip
- 21:33 - One piece in a great puzzle
- 23:11 - Remaining dependent on the Lord
- 26:03 - When the Lord redirects ideas
- 27:28 - How would you encourage others to move forward?
- 30:10 - Additional resources for short-term teams
- 31:22 - How can we best pray for you?
- 32:32 - Closing thoughts
Resources & Contact Info
- Just One: A True Story of Unlikely Friendship and Short-Term Missions
- Ann's Website with Discussion Tools and Resources
- Facebook: @engagingmissions
- Messenger: @engagingmissions
- Twitter: @engagingmission
- Leave a Voicemail
- Become a Patron
- Listen for Free
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Mentioned in this episode:
Consider Partnering with Megavoice Audio Bibiles
Megavoice provides solar-powered audio Bibles to make the Good News accessible to all. Please take a moment to see what they're doing and consider whether they might be a good fit for your giving.
This podcast uses the following third-party services for analysis:
OP3 - https://op3.dev/privacy
Blubrry - https://create.blubrry.com/resources/about-blubrry/privacy-policy