For those interested in missions, it is important to remember that entering the mission field is a process. This week on Engaging Missions, Briel Kjetland shares about the work she’s doing to become a missionary associate. Since graduating from Trinity Christian, Briel has been planning and preparing for mission work.
When she was in high school, Briel heard God’s call to be a missionary. She’s been to many different countries and recently completed an internship overseas. On the show, she talks about the importance of obedience, discipleship, and remembering God’s faithfulness. When thinking about her future work as a missionary, Briel’s main goal is to bring glory to Jesus and obey Him always.
Love Never Fails International: https://engagingmissions.com/love
Question of the Week: https://www.facebook.com/567981299950292/posts/2460708890677514/
What We Talked About
- 00:24 - Episode Introduction
- 00:52 - Love Never Fails International
- 02:03 - Briel Kjetland
- 02:19 - What does it mean to be an aspiring missionary?
- 02:47 - The process of entering ministry
- 04:18 - What organization do you work with?
- 04:36 - Spending two years on the field
- 05:18 - Where did your missionary journey start?
- 06:25 - Responding to the call
- 07:17 - Trusting God through each step
- 08:15 - Moments of God’s faithfulness
- 10:24 - Journaling as a way to remember
- 11:34 - What has prepared you for missions?
- 12:33 - What do you expect to see in missions?
- 13:23 - One step at a time
- 14:25 - How do you see missions?
- 15:37 - Mentally preparing for cross-cultural work
- 16:27 - A heart for unreached people
- 17:34 - How to catch the vision
- 18:20 - A passion for discipleship
- 19:45 - The gap of communication
- 20:56 - Examples of discipleship
- 21:36 - One thing to take away
- 22:20 - How can we best pray for you?
- 22:50 - A call to pray
- 24:03 - Question of the Week
- 24:44 - Clare Carr
- 25:26 - Getting to know Clare
- 25:57 - What sparked your interest in the podcast?
- 26:55 - Working as a life coach
- 27:35 - Best place to connect
- 27:47 - Thanks to Clare
- 28:00 - Episode Summary
- 29:50 - Bonus
Resources & Contact Info
- Briel's Email: email@example.com
- Clare's Website: http://clarecarrcoaching.com
- PodChaser List: https://www.podchaser.com/lists/Missions-and-Church-Planting-107Zzr2yxT
- Making the Most of PodChaser: https://toptieraudio.com/51
- Question of the Week: https://www.facebook.com/567981299950292/posts/2460708890677514/
- Facebook: @engagingmissions
- Messenger: @engagingmissions
- Twitter: @engagingmission
- Leave a Voicemail
- Become a Patron
- Listen for Free
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Mentioned in this episode:
Consider Partnering with Megavoice Audio Bibiles
Megavoice provides solar-powered audio Bibles to make the Good News accessible to all. Please take a moment to see what they're doing and consider whether they might be a good fit for your giving.
This podcast uses the following third-party services for analysis:
OP3 - https://op3.dev/privacy
Blubrry - https://create.blubrry.com/resources/about-blubrry/privacy-policy