Life in Ministry
Steve originally hails from Australia but is now based in London. He has a wife, Michelle, and four grown children. For the past 20 years, he's been heading up the missions agency, Move, which focuses on making disciples and planting churches.
Growing up, Steve struggled with recurring depression. At one point, he had to take some time because he'd started to question God and himself while he was in the fog of it all. He started to wonder if he was ever going to see any of the things God promised happened.
It was at that point that God revealed something to him and began to transform things.
Steve arrived in London a few months ago. Since he's been there, his focus has remained connecting with people. Being wherever the workers are.
- How can we pray for you?
- Right now, are you near or far from God?
Significance in the Marketplace
Remember that the Great Commission was given to every believer. We will have the opportunity to minister to people wherever God has us.
Steve wishes he would have known how hard it is and how good God is.
Personal Success Habit
- Fujitsu Snapscan – Steve uses this to scan books and store them in the cloud so he can use them wherever he is.
Shifts in Society
We will continue to see society shift and more people from other cultures coming. In fact, some cities are becoming largely populated with ethnic minorities. This is a great opportunity.
- Knock on the door
- Develop a friendship but let them know you're a follower of Jesus early on
- Ask, “Is there anything we can pray about for you?”
- Ask, “Are you near or far from God?”
- If they are Muslim, ask, “Who is Isa (Jesus) to you?”
- Ask, “Is this something you'd like to learn more about?”
- Keep your focus on Jesus rather than trying to win an argument. Let them discover Him for themselves.
You can leave comments in the show notes or send email feedback directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. I read every email myself.
[wc_box color=”info” text_align=”center”]
Help support the Engaging Missions Show[/wc_box]
Or subscribe with your favorite app by using the address below
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”