For many missionaries, hearing the phrase “support letter” may cause some shudders, feelings of apathy, or some sense of annoyance. On the podcast, though, Aaron Babyar joins us for the third time to break those negative feelings and to remind us of how important partnerships are in ministry.
Also, he shares about different ways missionaries can build relationships with their partners. With technology constantly growing, there are even apps to send postcards around the world! So come and hear what Aaron has to say, and learn to see communication as a crucial part of ministry.
What we talked about
- 00:24 – Episode summary
- 02:26 – Introduction
- 03:03 – Why is relationship important in missions?
“I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now.” – Philippians 1:3-4, ESV
- 06:31 – How to deal with security issues
- 11:07 – The right way to view partnerships
- 17:55 – A good average for building relationships
- 21:05 – Where to find time in ministry
- 24:05 – Ways to connect across the world
- 30:17 – How to bring life in support letters
- 37:19 – Different kinds of communication with partners
- 42:16 – Internet and book resources
- 45:06 – Closing remarks
- 45:54 – Podcast recommendation
Become a patron!The Engaging Missions Show is made possible, in part, by generous donations from listeners like you. If you'd like to know more about how you can be involved, visit our Patron Page.
- Audio Editing: Geoff Butterworth
- Show Notes: Gabby Oechsle