Our guest today, Jordan McGaughey, shares of the struggles, adventures, and joys of doing ministry on a small island in the West Indies known as St. Kitts. Due to God’s prompting and call, he left with his family from their small town in Indiana to go and equip the church in St. Kitts to spread the Gospel.
Jordan regularly meets with the churches there to teach and encourage them in how to reach out to the lost and broken people that they encounter on a daily basis. In this episode, he shares his dream and vision of what he wants to see God do in St. Kitts.
What we talked about
Questions, Topics, and Times
- [spp-timestamp time=”00:27″] – Introduction to Jordan McGaughey
- [spp-timestamp time=”01:05″] – Getting to know about Jordan’s family
- [spp-timestamp time=”02:54″] – The difficulties and experiences of raising kids on the mission field
- [spp-timestamp time=”04:55″] – The current living situation in St. Kitts
- [spp-timestamp time=”07:06″] – Finding joy in missionary vans and much-needed support
- [spp-timestamp time=”08:38″] – Meaningful Scripture or quote
- [spp-timestamp time=”10:32″] – Facing transition head-on and rushing slowly
- [spp-timestamp time=”13:15″] – How did you get through that difficult season?
- [spp-timestamp time=”15:23″] – Engaging Missions Leadership Minute
- [spp-timestamp time=”18:09″] – Transitioning from teacher to missionary
- [spp-timestamp time=”22:14″] – What new skills did you need before leaving for St. Kitts?
- [spp-timestamp time=”24:32″] – Motivating the Church to engage the lost
- [spp-timestamp time=”28:11″] – What is the passion that fuels you?
- [spp-timestamp time=”30:56″] – Walking through a typical day of ministry
- [spp-timestamp time=”33:20″] – Encouraging marketplace missionaries facing “ordinary” life
- [spp-timestamp time=”35:58″] – Advice for workplace ministry
- [spp-timestamp time=”38:03″] – Encountering other cultures right at home
- [spp-timestamp time=”41:11″] – Suggested internet resource and books to read
- [spp-timestamp time=”44:39″] – Parting advice
- [spp-timestamp time=”46:01″] – Contact info
[wc_box color=”secondary” text_align=”left”]
Like the show? Leave a review!
“Be still and know that I am God.” (Psalm 46:10) Click To Tweet
“Jordan, shut up. Don’t you know who I am?” - God Click To Tweet
“Their motto is, ‘Rush slowly.’” Click To Tweet
“I need Jesus so desperately.” Click To Tweet
“How do I operate and work in a vision of my own?” Click To Tweet
“Church, come on, wake up!” Click To Tweet
“They realize that what Jesus has called us to do is so simple, and so easy.” Click To Tweet
“God is so worthy of my life being poured out on behalf of others.” Click To Tweet
“The bulk of the spread of the Gospel was done through your everyday average person!” Click To Tweet
“God has given you a platform to reach more lost people than your pastor will ever reach.” Click To Tweet
“Start praying for your workplace people by name.” Click To Tweet
“Life is a thousand miles an hour, but there is a King who wants to meet with us.” Click To Tweet
[wc_row][wc_column size=”one-fourth” position=”first”]
[/wc_column][wc_column size=”one-third” position=”last”]
If you'd have any comments or questions, you can always leave a comment in the show notes or send an email to email@example.com.
[wc_box color=”secondary” text_align=”left”]
As a listener of Engaging Missions, Audible.com will give you a free audio book when you sign up for a 30-day free trial to check out their service. With over 150,000 titles to choose from, you’re sure to find one you like.
Personally, I recommend the Bible. Just about any translation. You can't go wrong to have God's word available when you're driving to work, out for a walk, or working out. It's what I did when I joined Audible over 7 years ago.
Claim your free book[/wc_box]
[wc_box color=”info” text_align=”center”]
Help support the Engaging Missions Show[/wc_box]
Check out the Engaging Missions Online Radio Show #podcast Click To Tweet
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”